On just about any device, Kodi is the best app to use as a multimedia center. This fantastic app for watching movies and TV shows is available for PC, phone, and tablet use. You can use any of Kodi’s versions, including Kodi for PC, once you learn how to use it on Android.
It functions as a player and organizer for your library of files. This means that you can play all of the music, movies, and videos you have on your Android device. Better yet, it organizes everything automatically, so all you have to do is point your phone’s camera at the folder containing the media files you want to play.
One of the biggest benefits of learning how to use Kodi on Android is that it will look for information about the file using your WiFi connection. From there, it creates a showing screen with the covers for your albums and movie posters, along with information about the cast members who are most prominent and the year of release.
The option of watching TV online is one of the additional settings you can use to enhance your app-using experience. Without having to purchase a phone that includes a TV, you can include plugins that access online TV signals with some specific information. Typically, they cost more than the models’ standard version.
Additionally, there are numerous Kodi plugins and add-ons that, among other things, add features or significantly improve the interface. This article will walk you through downloading, setting up, and using Kodi on an Android device.
Learn how to use this wonderful app to stream your favorite movies and TV shows to your Android device in the sections below.
Install Kodi and use your preferred language
Because Kodi supports a wide variety of languages, it’s a good bet if you’re installing it on an Android refurbished phone belonging to someone who doesn’t speak English.
- To download the application from the Google Play Store, click this link.
- Launch Kodi on your Android device. The first thing you need to do is set up the language you want because the app will be in English by default. To do this, select Gear from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select Interface from the menu.
- Access the Regional menu
- In order to find the language you want, go to Language and scroll down. Even has several variations for various nations.
Play your music and videos using Kodi for Android
- Tap the Enter files section button on the app’s home screen.
- Then, press the Files button.
- Go to the Add videos… button now.
- To access the folder containing all of your video files, select the Browse button.
- Select the directory External Storage.
- Locate the folder containing all of your files. The Movies folder will be where we’ll go for this tutorial.
- Enter a name for the media and select OK so Kodi can recognize all the files contained therein.
- Give the movie or video folder a name, then tap OK once more.
- An additional window will open. You must now tell Kodi which kinds of files to include in this list. Tap to do so. This repository includes
- Select the kind of video Kodi will let you watch. One of the best features for anyone learning to use Kodi on Android is the ability to point it. When you do that, the app will search your phone’s files for information.
- To complete the procedure, tap OK.
Kodi on Android: How to Use It
After completing the steps outlined above, you can now begin using Kodi to watch all of your movies on Android. Hit the fresh folder.
By tapping it in the list, select the video or movie you want to watch on Kodi;
There is nothing left for you to do but enjoy.
Learn how to install Kodi on Windows 8
With the help of our article on using Kodi on Android, did you learn how to watch movies, videos, or listen to music? Then read some of our other articles, particularly the one on installing Kodi on Windows 8.