People diagnosed with diabetes must make relevant lifestyle changes to manage the symptoms and prevent complications. However, if they notice unusual symptoms and changes in their physical health, it is essential to consult the best internal medicine specialist in Lahore. The specialist will evaluate the condition and its severity and provide guidance regarding effective treatment options.
The common signs that the patient is suffering from uncontrolled diabetes include:
· Polydipsia: Polydipsia refers to suffering from extreme thirst. Diabetic patients with type 1 are at a higher risk of suffering from polydipsia if they are suffering from uncontrolled diabetes. The patient has an urge to consume water and yet feels dizzy. Also, the patient suffers from dry mouth even after consuming liters of water.
· Increase in Blood Glucose: The patients must keep in touch with the specialist. High dosages of the medications can cause high blood glucose. Therefore, staying in contact with the specialist and monitoring blood glucose levels is necessary for vital organs to function normally.
· Polyuria: It is a condition, in which the person excessively urinates. The patient urinates three liters because the body wants to remove the excess glucose from the body. Patients with Type 1 and 2 diabetes must monitor their water intake. If they have an excessive urge to urinate, it indicates that the patient is failing to manage their condition.
· Recurrent Infections: High blood sugar in the body makes the patient susceptible to infections. The patient is at a higher risk of suffering from cystitis, cellulitis, thrush, and ear infections. Low immunity can affect physical health. Thus, it is necessary to monitor the changes in the body and seek help from the doctor if the patient suffers from frequent infections.
· Diabetic Ketoacidosis: DKA is a severe condition that requires immediate medical attention. The body fails to have access to glucose and starts to utilize fat. It can cause the blood to become acidic. The patient suffers from dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. Thus, caregivers must seek immediate medical help to avoid diabetic coma and prevent further complications.
· Change in Appetite: The patient has an urge to consume food, yet there is no change in the body weight. The reason for appetite change is that either the body cannot use the insulin or fail to produce it correctly.
· Irrational Weight Loss: Uncontrolled diabetes can cause difficulty in absorbing insulin. It can lead to irrational weight loss without modifying dietary habits and engaging in physical activities.
· Kidney Issues: The high blood sugar level can cause damage to blood vessels. It can affect the functioning of the kidneys. The symptoms that diabetes affects the functioning of kidneys include; frothy urine, UTIs, abdominal pain, and change in the color of the urine.
· Fruity Breath: The patient can notice that they have sweet and fruity breath. It indicates high levels of blood sugar in the body.
· High Blood Pressure: Diabetic patients are at a higher risk of suffering from cardiovascular disease. The change in the heart rhythm, chest pain, and high blood pressure indicates that the patient is suffering from uncontrolled diabetes.
· High Cholesterol: High cholesterol correlates with unmanaged diabetes. It affects blood circulation and lows the healing process. The increase in cholesterol and blood sugar levels can lead to cardiovascular disease. Thus, people must maintain a healthy lifestyle to prevent further complications.
· Feeling Numb: Individuals with uncontrolled diabetes for a long are at a higher risk of suffering from diabetic neuropathy. The patient suffers from tingling sensations in the lower extremities. Therefore, diabetic patients must seek medical attention to avoid permanent nerve damage.
Individuals exhibiting signs of uncontrolled diabetes must not delay their visit to the specialist. People should consult a competent and reliable specialist who can provide guidance regarding the cause and the latest treatment plan. Patients can book their appointment through oladoc.com.